Holy Cross Services main-title-bar Bringing Hope, Changing Lives

OUR HISTORY

Founded in 1948 as Boysville of Michigan, Inc., the site’s building was originally donated by Henry Ford. HCCS initially began serving Catholic boys with serious home problems. In 1998, business was commenced as Holy Cross Children’s Services to reflect the broadening nature of its mission and since, has continued to grow. The Knights of Columbus founded HCCS and made HCCS their principle charitable responsibility. HCCS is a ministry of the Congregation of Holy Cross and was created to help children develop self-esteem and self-reliance, learn academics and develop spiritual values.

HCCS was officially dedicated on October 24, 1948, by His Eminence Edward Cardinal Mooney. Currently, it’s one of the largest, private, statewide, not-for-profit network provider of children’s services in Michigan, servicing 90% of the counties in the state. Services available include residential campuses and group homes, charter schools, foster care homes, supervised independent living programs, day and residential treatment programs and a variety of community-based services. Currently, HCCS has offices and service sites in Alpena, Clinton, Detroit, Redford, Saginaw, Mt. Morris, Traverse City, Clinton Township and Kalamazoo.

House in the woods in Michigan