Building A Strong Community Together!
Beginning October 1, 2018, Volunteers of America Michigan (VOAMI) transferred the VOAMI Lansing operations to Holy Cross Services (HCS) and the facility has been renamed the “New Hope Community Center” located at 430 N. Larch St., Lansing, Michigan.
HCS has assumed responsibility and operations of the existing, excellent and comprehensive homeless service system that includes 12 programs and serves annually over 7,000 homeless veterans, adults and children in Lansing.
- an emergency shelter for men, women and children
- transitional housing for homeless veterans
- community kitchen serving hot, nutritious meals for anyone who is hungry
- health clinic
- dental clinic
- a day center for the homeless to find respite and recovery
- homeless prevention and rapid rehousing services
- disability advocacy
- hotel emergency lodging program, a safety net for families
- permanent supportive housing for chronically homeless disabled individuals
- behavioral health services for the community’s most vulnerable homeless individuals
- supportive services for veterans’ families
HOPE FOR MICHIGAN FAMILIES